|1. “Efficient Collaborative Crowdsourcing”, Best Student Poster Award, AAAI-16. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) is a top AI conference. 2. “AI for Livable Cities”, People’s Choice Video Competition Award, AAAI-16.
3. “Teachable Agents”, Best Application Video Award, IJCAI-15 Video Competition, 2015. International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) is a top AI conference.
4. NTU Research Commercialization via Joint Venture Companies Award, 2015.
My six filed US patents in Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies have been valued at several million dollars and the technologies have all been licensed to industry. A joint venture has also been set up that attracted S$5 million investment.
5. “AI for Ageing in Place”, AAAI-15 Video Competition People’s Choice Award Nomination, 2015 (2nd place). AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) is a top AI conference.
6. “Agent Augmented Inter-generational Crowdsourcing”, Best Demo Award from the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT’15).
7. “Modeling Composite Emotions in Affective Agents”, Best Poster Award from the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT’15).
8. “A Dempster-Shafer theory based witness trustworthiness model to cope with unfair ratings in e-marketplace”, Best Paper Award, 14th Annual International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC’12), 2012. (My paper on trust agent won the best paper award in this top e-commerce conference).
9. “Designing New Teacher-Student Interaction through Affective Teachable Agent”, Best Paper Award, 12th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), 2012.
10. Winner, 1st Common Crawl Code Contest, 2012. (Intelligent Data Collection Agent)
11. “Dynamic Witness Selection for Trustworthy Distributed Cooperative Sensing in Cognitive Radio Networks”, Best Paper Award, 13th IEEE International Conference on Communication Technology (ICCT), 2011. My paper on distributed trust evaluation won the best paper award at this international conference.
12. Microsoft Distinguished Faculty, 2010.
13. Microsoft Distinguished Faculty, 2010.
14. “A Market-based Multi-issue Negotiation Model Considering Multiple Preference in Dynamic E-marketplaces”, Best Student Paper Award, 12th International Conference on Principles and Practice in Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA), 2009. (Multi-agent Negotiation)
15. “A Trustworthy Beacon-based Location Tracking Model for Body Area Sensor Networks in m-Health”, Best Student Paper Nomination, ICICS 2009.
16. Microsoft Mobile Learning Research Award, “Collaborative Mathematics Game Learning”, 2008.
17. Best Paper nomination, 21st International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2007. (Multi-agent Negotiation)
18. Signature demo, “MMORP, Virtual Singapura, a Massive Multiplayer Online Virtual World for Learning Science”, Microsoft Game Conference, Orlando, USA, 2007.
Microsoft Game Conference is a top conference in game design. Virtual Singapura (VS) provides an agent augmented immersive learning environment to support a large number of learners through online learning behavior trajectory big data analytics. VS is being used by high schools in several countries.
19. Winning Agent, Second place, Agent Reputation and Trust (ART) competition, 5th International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-agent Systems (AAMAS), Japan, 2006. (AAMAS is a top AI conference.)
20. “A Goal-oriented Approach to Agent Goal Selection and Action Selection”, Best Session Presentation Award, IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI), Vancouver, 2006. (WCCI is a major computational intelligence conference.)
21. Gold Prize, COE Exhibition 2006 (NTU College of Engineering Research Project Exhibition). (Intelligent conversational agents)
22. Tan Chin Tuan Engineering Fellowship for academic and research attachment at Harvard University and MIT, 2005.
23. UK-Singapore Science Collaboration Development Award, 2006.
The high level of public interest in my research has generated significant media exposure for NTU.
|· “Games to counter onset of illnesses in older folk“, The Straits Times, 7 August 2015
· “Smart healthcare system for aging in place”, Channel 8, 15 March 2015
· “Sensors help keep seniors safe at home“, The Sunday Times, 26 April 2015
· “Sensors help keep elderly safe without intruding on privacy“, The Straits Times, 7 August 2015
· “Interactive digital media to bloom at NTU with three new research centres”, NTU News Hub, 6 November 2013
· “NTU’s new research centres to boost Singapore’s interactive digital media industry“, CIO Asia, 7 November 2013
· “LILY, MAGIC and ROSE Research Centres“, National Research Foundation (NRF) Website – Media & Resources, 6 November 2013
· “NTU launched three new research centres on interactive digital media“, Lian He Zao Bao, 8 November 2013
· “NTU Launches Three Interactive Digital Media Research Centers“, Asian Scientist Magazine, 11 November 2013
· “Nanyang University Launches Three New Digital Media Research Centres“, Digital Quadrant Magazine, 11 November 2013
· “Singapore University Launches Digital Media Research Centres“, FutureGov, 27 November 2013
|Healthcare Devices and Technologies
|· “Delivering comfort and Care: Tan Tock Seng Hospital’s Centre for Geriatric Medicine Provides One-Stop Integrated Care for Seniors“, Lifewise Magazine, 20 September 2014
· “President Tony Tan at signing of healthcare technology tie-up between NTU and Bristol University“, The Straits Times, 24 October 2014
· “President Tony Tan visits world of Shaun the Sheep, Wallace and Gromit“, Channel News Asia, 25 October 2014
· “The Queen readies for Singapore State Visit“, Royal Central, 12 October 2014
· “NTU and United Kingdom’s University of Bristol to push the frontier in ageing innovations“, NTU Press release, 23 October 2014
· “Collaborations between two universities from Singapore and UK on smart products for elderly care“, Lian He Zao Bao, 24 October 2014
· “University of Bristol collaborates with NTU on cross-disciplinary research“, Lian He Zao Bao, 24 October 2014
|· “NTU partners with Lushang to spearhead new world of u-commerce research”, NTU News Hub, 25 August 2012
· “NTU and Lushang jointly set up research lab”, Lian He Zao Bao, 26 August 2012
· “NTU-Lushang in age-friendly tech project”, The Business Times, 28 August 2012
|Artificial Intelligence and Crowd Sourcing
|· “Future Forward S2: The Rise Of A.I. “, Channel News Asia, 25 March 2015
· “Research on ageing picking up pace“, The Straits Times, 7 August 2015
· “Riding the silver wave”, Networks Asia, 14 September 2015
· “Locally developed application uses the camera to measure air pollution index”, Lianhe Zaobao, 18 January 2016.
· “Pic-scanning AI estimates city air pollution from mass of photos”, New Scientist, 5 February 2016.
· “Our photo uploads give scientists billions of eyes on the world”, New Scientist, 10 February 2016.